Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2015

On My Own Time Art Show highlights Employee Creativity

One of the pieces from the Young Artist series
The Colorado Business Community for the Arts has been promoting and celebrating workforce creativity for over two decades.  In the last ten years alone, the CBCA has showcased over 3,600 works of art from nearly 2,000 employees at 26 individual companies and agencies. Pinnacol employees have been participating for most of that time and every year its fun to see the more creative side of those we work with on a daily basis. There is even a Young Artist category for the children of employees and their artwork is always among my favorites. This year is no exception with some amazing pieces of art on display from the younger generations. The piece to the right is a great example and I caught myself being mesmerized as I stared at this piece that was done by the daughter of one of our Claims Representatives.

I really enjoy photography and every year there is a great variety of photos taken by our staff. I'm also an avid cyclist so photos of bicycles always catch my attention. I'm not sure where this particular photo was shot but it immediately reminded me of a rainy day in Crested Butte. This photo was taken by one of the folks in our communications team.

Another photo that I enjoyed was taken by another one of our Claims Representatives. These three pieces are just a sample of what was on display. If you work for an employer who
participates in the On Your Own Time Art Show program make sure you take a look at what your fellow employees have done. You'll likely be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment