Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bike to Work Day is always a hit with our employees...

Many Pinnacol employees make use of alternative transportation to get to and from work. Some of you may be familiar with the Denver area's annual Bike to Work Day which happens in late June (this year it was held on June 30th).

I have to admit that I did not participate in this year's version, although I was still on a bicycle. For the last two weeks I had the chance to do some self-supported bicycle touring through northern Idaho and Washington states as well as across the border in southern British Columbia. The route we followed is called the International Selkirk Loop and its spectacular regardless of how you do it.

Meanwhile, I understand our Pinnacol employees were treated with reasonably good weather as well as breakfast items to reward them for their efforts. Our intrepid staff combined for more than 464 miles commuting to and from the office on the 30th. I have them beat in terms of that number, except it took me two weeks to do it!

Congratulations to all of our staff who make their effort to find greener, and healthier, ways to get to work, not just on Bike to Work Day but throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment