Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

How to complete an application in our new system...

At the start of January we brought online a new application system for candidates interested in being considered for positions with our company. I thought I'd share some insights and helpful tips for folks interested in submitting their application in the new system.

The first step is to simply review the list of current openings on our company website (http://www.pinnacol.com/careers/current-opportunities). Here you will see the title of the position and a brief synopsis of the position.

If you see a position you are interested in applying for you will click on the application link (https://rew11.ultipro.com/PIN1003/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx) which will take you our on-line job board where you will actually complete the application.

Click on the title of the position you are interested in and it will bring up more detailed information including the full job description. From this page you can click on APPLY ONLINE to submit your application or SEND THIS JOB TO A FRIEND to forward the job announcement to someone you know.

When you click on APPLY ONLINE it will ask you to create a new account, or simply sign in if you already have an account. When you first create your account the system will ask you to copy and paste your resume and then will gather some additional basic information. The online system will retain your information so you will need to enter most of it only one time.

Once you have created your account, click on the NEXT button at the bottom of the page to continue to fill out the application. The next screen begins the true application. My recommendation is to completely answer every question asked and I can tell you from reviewing thousands of applications each year it always raises red flags when questions are left blank.

Clicking on NEXT takes you the screen which asks about education.

After this, the next screen asks about any Licenses or Certifications you might have. From there its on to the real heart of the application - your employment history. Don't make the mistake of assuming that because we have your resume you can fly through this page! I've blogged about this before, but everyone understands that resumes are sometimes embellished as they are really your personal advertisement, but what you enter on the Employment History screen should be 100% accurate and complete. We ask for 10 years of employment history. For folks just entering the job market (recent grads for example) we know you may not have 10 years experience. That's fine - just detail what you do have.

The NEXT screen will ask about additional specific skills you have (typing, computer software, bilingual etc.). The last question on this page asks you to describe any other skills, education, or experience that might help qualify you for the position you are applying for. This is a golden opportunity to sell yourself in your own words - so don't pass up on the occasion to do so!

Still with me? Good, because you are almost done! The next screen is going to ask you to list references - 3 people, preferably current or former supervisors - who will put in a good word on your behalf. This screen also asks you to list any of our current employees who know you, and yes, we do circle back with them to get their thoughts on why you would be a good fit for Pinnacol.

Clicking NEXT brings us to the third to last screen that will ask you to verify that the information you have given us is true and complete. Simply type in your name and date  and you are just two quick screens away from being finished!

The next screen will ask you how you heard about the position (were you referred by one of our employees, saw us on the internet, saw a job ad, etc.). Then you are on to the final screen which asks for voluntary self-identification (gender, military service, and ethnic background). You don't have to give us this information but we appreciate it when you do. This information is confidential and is not viewed by those reviewing your application for the position you are applying for.

At the end of the application when you are finished you should see the following screen pop up indicating  that your application has been received.
Done!

We know the new application takes a little longer than our old system but it really does give our hiring managers more complete information as they review candidates for their open positions. Thank you for your patience in completing our application and for your interest in our company!

12 comments:

  1. Can you start an application, save it if not complete, then return to complete and submit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can begin an application and then return to it at a different time to complete and submit it. The system will retain the information you have entered!

      Delete
  2. I just submitted my application and was able to attach my Resume and two reference letters, but my cover letter does not appear to have been included when I reviewed after submittal. Is there a way to send the cover letter after initial submission? Thanks Much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The system we use does limit the number of attachments. Most folks attach a cover letter and resume. Looks like you attached the reference letters first and used up the attachment limits. Feel free to e-mail your cover letter to me and I can add it. My address is david.mabry@pinnacol.com. Thank you! David

      Delete
  3. Hello, I submitted an application on 7/17 for the customer service position. I wanted to know how the process works, also was my application received? Will someone contact me to schedule an interview? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once folks submit an application our HR staff reviews it to make sure you meet the minimum qualifications for the job. If you do we then forward your information to the hiring manager for their review. Normally we have lots of qualified candidates applying so even those who meet the minimum qualifications may not always be invited in for an interview. If the hiring manager feels your background and experience is a close match for their needs they will then ask us to reach out to you to schedule an interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you delete an attachment that is uploaded to the application? Somehow my application uploaded both an older version, and a current version, of my resume, and I have yet to find a way to delete an attachment as I would like to delete a resume and upload a cover letter. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! Unfortunately our system doesn't allow candidates to delete the attachments they have uploaded but you can e-mail recruiting_team@pinnacol.com and let us know and we can delete the wrong attachment for you.

      Delete
  6. I read the reply above where Mr. Mabry said that you can complete the application at various times. I hadn't yet completed the application when I logged out and when I try and go back in, the system will let me access my profile but not the actual application where I hadn't yet answered all the questions. How do I get back to the application?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The system won't let you edit or add to your application from your profile. Instead you have to click on the apply for the position link which should take you into the actual application. Let me know if that works. If not, feel free to give me a call at 303-361-4964 and I'll be happy to help!

      Delete
  7. Hello, I submitted an application and to do so I had to create an account where I uploaded my cover letter and resume. When I go back into the online system now it does not appear that there is a resume or cover letter with my profile. How do I check to make sure that my resume and cover letter attached to my submitted application?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can e-mail me at david.mabry@pinnacol.com and I can confirm that everything came through in good order!

      Delete