Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

I Didn't Know That...

One of my fellow employees, Karla, will be presenting at a NAMIC (the National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies) conference in Florida next week. Her topic? Social media. Her audience? HR professionals and other insurance folks. NAMIC was originally founded in 1895 so they've seen a ton of change over the last 115 years. But if they think they've seen a lot in the last century, they'd better fasten their seat belts for what's coming. I had interviewed  Karla about what it was like when she joined Pinnacol. She shared with me a preview of what she'll be presenting and the folks at the conference are in for a treat!

Back in March I had blogged about the rapid shifts in technology. Part of that blog related to a short video called Did You Know which was created several years ago by a local Denver-area High School teacher trying to educate his fellow teachers about the changes being brought about by the dramatic shifts in technology.

Since the original there have been several updates so I thought I'd share one of the newer versions. This one - Did you Know 4.0 - tackles some of the implications being rendered not just by technology but by how people are using it - in other words, social media. I've always thought that if I ever had a genie in a bottle to grant me three wishes my number one wish would be for a crystal ball so that I could see what was coming in the future. That's why I share these types of videos with you. It's a glimpse, albeit a small one, into what that future might have in store.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing David. Fascinating stuff!

    ReplyDelete