Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

100 pounds of...

I had blogged more than a year ago about one of our employee's efforts benefiting the Ronald McDonald House. For every pound of soda can pop tops collected, a family can spend one night at the Ronald McDonald House to be near their sick child while they are in the hospital.

On a late Friday afternoon my thoughts were starting to turn to the upcoming weekend. It looks to be an absolutely gorgeous couple of days in the Denver area. As I was wandering back to my desk after running an errand upstairs I happened upon Betty, one of our team nurse case managers, out collecting pop tops. I quite honestly hadn't thought too much lately about the Ronald McDonald House program but Betty, who is the original champion of this program at Pinnacol, was clearly on a mission as she went from breakroom to breakroom collecting a handful of pop tops here, another handful there.

As you'll see in the picture a small handful multiplied over and over can quickly add up. I asked Betty if I could take a quick picture and she very graciously agreed while telling me that Pinnacol employees had already collected 75 pounds of pop tops this year. 75 pounds is what we collected at Pinnacol in all of 2011 and Betty has a goal of 100 pounds for 2012. I'm no mathematician but that translates to 100 nights families will be able to spend at the Ronald McDonald House. After I snapped the picture Betty went quietly about her task. Betty's example reminded me its often the littlest of actions that mean the most. Thank you Betty for your continued efforts at making our community a better place. I didn't get a chance to tell you, but I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment