Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

International Adventures In Cookieland...

Pinnacol's Diversity Task Force often hosts  celebrations highlighting the variety of cultures represented by our employees. This year's festivities revolve around sampling cookies from countries around the globe. I got an early sneak peek as the aptly named cookie team was setting up for this afternoon's affair and I was very tempted to snag some of the samples but held off opting only to take a couple of pictures.

A lot of our celebrations throughout the years have showcased foods from all sorts of cultures and sometimes you don't really know what you are eating because some of the food is so unfamiliar. Not so much with cookies... All the cookie samples, and there are a huge variety to choose from, look delicious and I don't even want to guess at their caloric value. Its probably a good thing that this year's event is in the middle of the afternoon because by the time the sugar rush ends it will likely be time to head home. I know our employees greatly enjoy the chance to occasionally break away from their desks to partake in these celebrations and I'd hazard a guess that if I go back for the 'after' picture all I'll see will be a bunch of empty plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment