Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Everyday Wellness program continues to flourish

Barbara and Logan cut the ribbon
on the new Pinnacol Walking Route
This week at Pinnacol saw some exciting additions to our Everyday Wellness program. A new wellness portal called Virgin Pulse was rolled out to all employees and this morning saw the official ribbon cutting on our half mile walking route inside our building. Good timing for all of this because the recent weather hasn't been conducive to much beyond skiing, snowboarding, and shoveling snow.

I jumped the gun and did the walk first thing this morning. With a step counter tracking my every move I actually clocked six tenths of a mile but that's because I got lost (I forgot the map) and also stopped to talk to folks along the way. Our building has four floors and though I think I'm in fairly decent shape the walk still got my attention so it actually will be some real exercise for folks who normally walk only as far as the coffee or copy machine. It's a real challenge for office-bound folks to get the exercise they need during the day and the new offerings from our Everyday Wellness program should help. A special thanks to Barbara, Logan, and the Everyday Wellness team for keeping us motivated and excited. In the meantime, I've got to go as I still have another 8,000 steps to accumulate today...

No comments:

Post a Comment