Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's next? Apple unveils new IPad

One of my co-workers had sent me the clip from Apple's unveiling of the new IPad today in San Francisco. I know a lot of our staff are already using the first generation IPad and are exploring what the device means in terms of work functionality (and yes, they are a whole lot of fun too...). Steve Jobs described the new IPad as the next step in "post-P.C." devices. As I write this I'm still typing away on one of those "pre-IPad P.C.'s", but I'm wondering how soon will come the day when the big box in front of me is replaced by a "post-P.C." device, either Apple or otherwise. Generations coming of age today may never actually own a P.C. just as many of you have never worked at a computer terminal.

I was speaking with a couple of our Business Directors and we were wondering about things like doing first interviews via the new IPad. Right now the number of business apps seem somewhat limited, and those there are somewhat clunky, but that will change. As Steve Jobs announced the 2nd generation of his device I couldn't help wonder what the fifth, sixth, or tenth generation will be capable of. Stay tuned! The IPad 2 ships to stores beginning March 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment