Pinnacol Assurance on LinkedIn

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wishing everyone a spooktacular Halloween!

The weather the last couple of days in Denver has been spooky all by itself as if it were trying to set the stage for that annual parade of costumed characters known as Halloween. Here at Pinnacol we have a lot of daring souls brave enough to dress extra special for work on this special day. Of course today dawned clear and sunny which will be nice for all the kids trick or treating this evening but anymore its as much about allowing the adults to have some fun as well. Walking around the floors of our building this morning I saw everything from Big Bird to traditional witches and pumpkins to the characters from the Wizard of Oz.

When I first got in the rumors were already flying about our Finance team going all out so I headed there first. When I first passed Kathy's office (who most days is one of our Associate Vice Presidents) and noticed she had a passing resemblance to Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz I knew that the rumors were true. Not only was the team in costume but they had decorated their work area right down to having a yellow brick road which I was more than happy to follow. Continuing down that magical road I stopped by the Cowardly Lion's cubicle (normally occupied by Vachelle, one of our accountants) and asked if I could get the group together for a quick picture. Sometimes I have to persuade people to allow me to take pictures for the Careers Blog but Vachelle and the Finance team were real troopers and didn't hesitate for a moment to accommodate my request. Even Jeff, our CFO, joined in coming as the Munchkin Coroner.
Some of our wonderful Finance team: from left Jeff, Catherine, Julia, Carly, Kathy,  Pam Alicia, and Brandon




Not to be outdone, employees throughout the building had made the effort to dress up in their favorite costumes. I couldn't take pictures of everyone as I had to hop on my broomstick and get back downstairs for a meeting, but here are a couple that I was able to take while flying around.

Alicia, one of our Business Services Representatives 


Katie, Business Services Representative and Tina, one of our Claims Representatives
From all of us at Pinnacol, here's hoping you have a safe (but scary!) Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment